But, this week I was presented with the opportunity, through TheMotherhood.com, to try and review Marie Callender’s Three Meat and Four Cheese Lasagna. If you are a regular reader of my blog, then you know that I love food and anything that has the words “three meat and four cheese” in it…I WANT TO TRY!
- What sets Marie Callender’s Three Meat and Four Cheese Lasagna apart is its unique ingredients together with innovative baking tray that creates a homemade taste in minutes.
- The lasagna includes three Italian-style meats (sausage, ground beef and pepperoni), layered with four different cheeses (Ricotta, Mozzarella, Parmesan and Romano), in a hearty marinara sauce that cooks in the microwave and is ready to serve in just 19 minutes, faster than the competition.
- Not all lasagna is created equal. According to a national taste test, Marie Callender’s Three Meat and Four Cheese Lasagna is preferred over Stouffer’s 19 oz. Lasagna with Meat & Sauce by consumers two to one. Marie Callender’s delicious blend of meats and cheeses combined with its unique baking tray creates a homemade tasting meal you can be proud to serve to your family.
- Marie Callender’s Three Meat and Four Cheese Lasagna is so good that the brand is putting its money where consumers’ mouths are with an on-pack money back guarantee.
- Marie Callender’s Three Meat and Four Cheese Lasagna is available in single serve (19oz) and multi-serve (31oz) varieties to enjoy with your family and friends at grocery stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $5.75.
So I received a free Marie Callender Lasagna coupon in the mail and went to pick it up from my local Walmart. I did go to two other competitors before I was able to find the family size lasagna in stock. I chose to cook my lasagna in the conventional oven rather than the microwave just because I’m kinda old school. Cooking the lasagna in the oven takes an hour rather than 19 minutes, so you need to take that into consideration if you are in a hurry.
Here is what it looked like when it was fresh from the oven
And the smell was delightful. Very robust!
My family had the lasagna for lunch and these were the reactions and comments I received (they didn’t know I was reviewing it):
My 4y/o picker eater thought it tasted like pizza so he was really into it.
My hubby who was just running “in and out” during lunch time asked if “This was from a box?” I said yes and he said that it tasted good.
I really enjoyed it a lot. I went back for second helpings during lunchtime. Would I buy it again? Most certainly. Does it taste like home-made? It’s really close!
***Disclosure**** This was a paid sponsored post through Marie Callender and TheMotherhood.com. All opinions are unbiased and truthful