I saw an interesting article on Yahoo.com the other day and thought I would share some if this information with my readers. We all know that natural sources have been a means to healing since the beginning of time and there is an entire discipline dedicated to herbal medicine. But did you know that some of the spices that you use when cooking can also benefit your health. Here is a brief summary of eight spices that have been beneficial in certain disease states.
1. Chile Peppers may help boost metabolism
2. Ginger may help soothe an upset stomach and fight arthritis pain
3. Cinnamon may help regulate blood sugar
4. Turmeric may help inflammation and inhibit tumors
5. Saffron may help improve your mood
6. Parsley may help inhibit breast cancer cell growth
7. Sage may help preserve memory and heal a sore throat
8. Rosemary may help enhance mental focus and fight food borne bacteria
Read the full article written by Kerri-Ann Jennings here.
As always, consult with your primary physician before trying new medications or changing your diet drastically. Many new things that are added or taken away from your normal regimen may have an adverse effect on your health.