Don’t Forsake The Fellowship!

by Kathy Sykes on March 4, 2012 · 6 comments

As it stands right now, I am in a rotation to work every third weekend and it does not allow me to fellowship with my church family on Sunday. Why is it important to not forsake the fellowship? My church family is a group of like-minded people who are true in their worship. My church is a place for me to study, learn, and praise God for all of his goodness. Can I do this anywhere? Hmmmm….sometimes but the Word clearly states:

“Not forsaking the assembling of yourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching” (Hebrews 10:25).

I am trusting God to change my situation so that I can have more of the assembly with my church family. AMEN!

Be Sociable, Share!

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Linda Kirk March 4, 2012 at 3:33 pm

God will make it possible

Kathy Sykes March 4, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Yes, and I will be ready!

Deidra March 4, 2012 at 3:57 pm

The church I attended in college used that verse as a memory verse one year. Reading it here took me right back.

Kathy Sykes March 4, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Have a great week Deidra!

Joanne Norton March 4, 2012 at 4:47 pm

It DOES get tough when our schedules are invaded in some form. Hard to realize, again, that not too many decades ago, Sunday was the day off. Occasionally, a dr., nurse, police/fireman situation was different, but they knew that when the work choice was made. NOW, with stores open the same hours, basically, as every other day, gas stations needed, all the phone and computer stuff necessary, life has changed entirely. Only the Lord can make our Sundays our HIS days. The good part: you can possibly plant seed into the hearts of others, being a minister/missionary in a common workplace. And worship Him intensely all the rest of the time. Hope it goes exceedingly well for you at all times and all places.

Kathy Sykes March 4, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Amen to that! Thanks for the encouraging words.