This week I will be talking about topics that will help you as a parent become more involved in your child’s school year. I am a huge proponent of the parent/teacher “team” relationship which means that parents work at home to supplement what their child is learning at school, help out in their child’s classroom, and consistently have open communication with their child’s teachers about all things.
1. Sharpen pencils 7. Be a Bulletin Board Buddy
2. Help around the classroom 8. Deliver a School Day Treat
3. Restock the Supply Closet 9. Provide IT Support
4. Be a Reading Buddy 10. Bring Your Set of Skills
5. Lead a Small Group 11. Teach a Lesson
6. Lead a Book Club 12. Make Use of At-Home Time
13. Record Your Favorite Stories
Let me know how you plan on helping your child’s teacher this year or what things you have done in the past that were successful.