During the holidays is the time of year that I look around and say to myself “Why didn’t I get new furniture or complete my kitchen renovation during the year”?
There are usually family and friends coming to the house during this time and you want it to look its best. But of course, I wait to the very last minute to try and make it “holiday presentable”.
So, what are some of the things that I can do “last minute” to spruce up the place:
1. Update bathroom fixtures. Usually this is inexpensive and can be done relatively quickly. I need new bathtub and shower head fixtures for my guest bathroom.
2. Buy new linens for master and guest beds. Again, a relatively easy step and won’t break the bank.
3. Create ambiance with lighting. I could use some new lamps and maybe even a couple of end tables.
4. Whole house deep clean. It would be worth spending a little extra to have someone come in and clean your house right before guests start stopping by during the holiday season. Maybe this can be a gift to yourself and family for Christmas.
5. Stay organized. Our house can get easily turned upside down with toys, shoes, and DVD’s all around. During this time, it is everyone’s responsibility to pick up after themselves.
**Disclosure…. This post contains anchored text***