On Monday, the nation will be celebrating and honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. There will be many services, programs, educational seminars, etc going on leading up to January 21st.
Also, Monday has been designated as a National Day Of Service. This is a day that we all can participate in doing something for others.
Here are 10 ideas for how your family can participate in the National Day of Service:
1. Volunteer at local community kitchen
2. Donate to the food bank
3. Clean/clear your neighborhood of litter
4. Volunteer to do tasks for elderly
5. Restock your church’s pantry
6. Plant a tree or flowers
7. Begin to recycle
8. Donate old clothes or purchase new items for the Salvation Army
9. Visit a nursing home and help with activites for the day
10. Check with your family members and see if there is anything that is needed