I don’t take prayer lightly. What I mean is that I sincerely believe in the power of prayer.
- I believe that God answers prayers
- I believe that prayer relieves the soul of unrest
- I believe that prayer calms the mind
- I believe that prayer is a deep sign of faith in a higher being
So when someone asks for prayer…….
- First and foremost it is usually a sincere request
- It takes courage to ask for prayer from people
- Where two or three are gathered in His name, so is God
- They have an expectation
But have you ever found yourself responding to that person with “I will pray for you or you are in our prayers” and you never really prayed? You had good intentions when you said that but you didn’t really pray.
I have done this as well. But in the last couple of years, when I get asked to pray for someone or something I immediately stop and pray with that person. Whether is face to face, on the phone, on Facebook, etc.
People are usually taken aback by the urgency of my prayer but I don’t want to leave …that person’s presence without them knowing that…yes I care, yes I hear you, and I am with you on this journey.
It doesn’t have to be an elaborate prayer or one with the right words, but just a sincere conversation with God that you need him to take over this situation and this person’s heart.
That is it!